for the upcoming "debates" (that's a PDF).
I wanted to post some excerpts, but there are just too many. Just
Some quick interesting things in case you don't have time:
- The candidates can't ask questions of each other.
- In the debates with audience participation, there will be an
exactly equal number of "soft" Bush and "soft" Kerry supporters in the
audience, as determined by Gallup. 2-party system, 2-party
- The candidate's asses cannot be shown.
- In all the non-town-hall debates, each party gets 1/3rd of the
tickets to give out. So, only 1/3rd of the people in the audience
will not have been directly hand-selected in a partisan manner.
- Each candidate gets about 30 press passes to hand out. I did not
realize that access to a pool of press passes was actually controlled
by the campaigns. Free press?
I'm not sure I'll be able to watch, but I'll probably try.