- The Air Force estimates that it costs $56,800 per hour to operate Air Force One.
- Not a single permit has been issued for a demonstration during the Republican convention; Boston has already approved a handful.
I'm getting my feet wet in "flash fiction",
In my reading today, I came across many other names for it, my favorite of which is "smoke-long story." Just long enough for a cigarette. Actually, that's a little longer than what I'm shooting for. More like two stories per cigarette I think. Unless you're smoking a Newport.
Here are the sites I looked at today.
- "Flashes On The Meridian: Dazzled by Flash Fiction" by Pamelyn Casto
- Some examples of "55 Fiction". I really like some of these. Some of them are like the 2 minute joke routines from "Last Comic Standing" though, which is not what I am aiming for.
- Brief history of the "Flash Fiction" anthology.
- "The Essentials of Micro-Fiction" by Camille Renshaw.
- The Cafe Irreal, a journal.
Should also read the two anthologies, "Micro Stories" and "Flash Fiction".