||[01 Oct 2008|10:28am]
rhiannonstone gave me the letter K.
In no particular order, my ten favorite K things:
- Knowledge — Too much might break up the rhyme.
- Kindergarten — Everything I needed to know, etc.
- Kundera, Milan —
Unbearable Lightness of Being, life changing.
- Kisses — Some are better than others.
- Kale — I eat it, a lot. With blackeyed peas, crushed red pepper, and cider vinegar.
- Kramer — You just blew my mind.
- Kindness — I try.
- Kleenex — A teachable moment for why our common vocabulary shouldn't be proprietary.
- Knuth, Donald — LaTeX.
- Kill 'Em All — The amazingest of albums, but awful politics.
What did I forget? Or, want a letter? Leave a comment.
|Confidence inspiring confirmation number
||[01 Oct 2008|11:48am]
I received the following email this morning to confirm my request to transfer money from checking to savings:
Customer Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Your request to transfer money
from your linked account
to an ING DIRECT account on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 was received. Your confirmation number is 0.
Visit ingdirect.com and go to the My Accounts tab to get more details.
I haven't had a confirmation number that low since I had a reservation at the Hotel Carter (don't do it). Now is not the time to be playing games with my belief in the integrity of the financial system.